Photo by Dean Forbes
Bidding is under way for unique sports experiences and autographed memorabilia in the Ultimate Sports Auction, which benefits the Center. If you’re a fan of the Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, Washington State University or Seattle University, put your bids in now. Auction items include:
- Premium autographed Sounders foosball table
- In-studio visit with The Brock and Salk Show
- Autographed Steve Largent football
- Autographed Dave Matthews guitar
- In-studio visit with The Kevin Calabro Show
- Seattle University vs. University of Virginia courtside seats
Then tomorrow, Sept. 27, listen to the third annual Ultimate Sports Auction on 710 ESPN Seattle, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Listeners can call in bids throughout the live, on-air auction.
All proceeds support the Pete Gross House and the Family Assistance Fund.
The Pete Gross House provides affordable housing, comfort and community to cancer patients and their families who require housing for 12 or more weeks. The house is named after the former "Voice of the Seahawks," play-by-play announcer Pete Gross, who died of cancer in 1992.
The Family Assistance Fund helps those who demonstrate a need for financial assistance with a wide range of daily, nonmedical expenses such as groceries, child care and transportation.