Image courtesy Seattle Parks Foundation
All are invited to the grand opening of Lake Union Park Saturday, Sept. 25, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
The free festivities will kick off with sunrise yoga on the Fitness Field and a family fun run and continue all day with family activities on land and water, including:
- Musical performanceson two stages
- Model boat races in the new boat pond
- Native Americancanoedisplays, paddle songs and a traditional salmon barbecue
- Food vendors, a root beer garden and farmer's market
- Environmental education and history trail tours
- Paddling and sailing demonstrations — participation encouraged
- Parade of Seattle mascots, children's activities and much more.
The Seattle Parks Foundation, The Center for Wooden Boats, Museum of History and Industry, The United Indians of All Tribes and the City of Seattle are sponsors of this event.