EIDD-2801 – Ridgeback Biotherapeutics
A Phase IIa, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of EIDD-2801 to Eliminate SARS-CoV-2 Viral RNA Detection in Persons with COVID-19
Study Purpose and Summary
Oral Treatment (pills) for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): The EIDD-2801 study is testing an oral investigational medicine for the treatment of COVID-19, the illness caused by SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.
- 18 years of age or older
- Tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 (test occurred not more than 4 days prior to enrollment)
- Willing and able to provide written informed consent to participate
- Experiencing at least one of the following symptoms, (onset no more than 7 days prior to enrollment):
Fever or chills
Signs/Symptoms of respiratory illness: upper respiratory congestion, loss of sense of smell or taste, sore throat, or lower respiratory illness: cough, shortness of breath
- Are at home (not in the hospital) and have not been hospitalized for COVID-19
- Are able to swallow pills
- Agreement to not participate in another clinical trial of an experimental treatment for COVID-19 during the study period
Other protocol-defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
To learn more about this trial:
Step 1: Visit ClinicalTrials.gov, identifier NCT04405570, to determine if this study is right for you.
Step 2: If you are interested in volunteering, contact us by phone or email.