Be sure to get enough exercise, eat a proper diet, take breaks, and make time for adequate sleep.
Self-Care Quiz: How Are You Doing?
Answer the the following statements with "true" or "false":
- I feel rested and calm.
- I am getting enough sleep.
- I have someone to talk to.
- I am eating right.
- I am exercising regularly.
If you answered "false" to two or more of these statements, it’s time to adjust your load. Here are some actions you can take.
- Stop in at the Patient and Family Services office at the South Lake Union clinic and ask to see a social worker or chaplain.
- Find out about support groups at the Patient and Family Resource Center
- Attend a yoga class.
- Go for a walk or exercise.
- Plan time for leisure activities.
- Talk to someone you trust.
- Make a doctor’s appointment for yourself.
- Treat yourself to something that makes you feel good.
- Keep a journal or express yourself through art.
- Join an online support group for caregivers.
- Call your nurse with any questions or concerns.