Mission & Facts
The mission of Fred Hutch is the elimination of cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death. The Hutch conducts research of the highest standards to improve prevention and treatment of cancer and related diseases.
In fulfilling the mission of Fred Hutch
- Biological scientists conduct fundamental research to discover mechanisms underlying the life of normal cells and changes in these processes that cause disease.
- Clinical research scientists develop and test new forms of diagnosis and therapy.
- Public health scientists develop and apply new knowledge to help individuals and communities reduce the incidence and death rate from cancer and related diseases.
Scientists from all fields share and integrate their findings and insights to foster the development and testing of new approaches.
Fred Hutch is dedicated to
- Generating new scientific discoveries and translating them into effective medical practices, therapies and public health approaches.
- Recruiting, supporting and training highly qualified scientists and physicians in an environment that promotes collaboration and excellence.
- Cooperating with other research entities and medical institutions to assure worldwide access to new research findings and technical developments.
- Providing sensitive, efficient and effective care for patients participating in our experimental therapies and other studies.
- Promoting the importance of scientific research, responsible medical care, healthy environments and personal behaviors through public education and advocacy.