Health Disparities Research Center
Calendar of Events
Save the Date! Saturday, April 21, 2018 - Health & Wellness Event for the Whole Family!
The annual Health & Wellness Event will be held from 9 AM to 1 PM at the Rainier Beach Community Center (8825 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle). Event details on our Facebook page!
Save the Date! Friday, April 27, 2018 - Pathways to Equity Symposium
The 2018 Pathways to Equity Symposium will provide an opportunity for participants to learn from experts about:
- recruitment of under-represented individuals to clinical trials
- Patient Navigation for diverse populations
- actions the FH/UW Cancer Consortium is taking to encourage STEM careers among those from under-represented groups.
Symposium will be held from 9 AM to 1:30 PM (lunch will be provided) on the Fred Hutch campus.
- Marvella Ford, PhD (Associate Director, Population Sciences & Cancer Disparities, Medical University of South Carolina/Hollings Cancer Institute)
- J. Carey Jackson, MD, MPH, MA (Medical Director, International Medicine Clinic, Refugee and Immigrant Promotion Program UW Medical Center/Harborview Medical Center)
- Community Panel: Silvia Kennedy (Komen for the Cure, Puget Sound Affiliate), Muna Osman (Somali Health Board), and Alyssa Yang (Urban Indian Health Institute/Seattle Indian Health Board)
The annual Beti Thompson Community Trailblazer Award and new Cancer Health Equity Research Award will be presented. The event is free, but due to limited seating, registration is required.