Return to search results.
Complete title: INSPIRE for Survivorship after Transplant: A Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial of an Internet and Social-media Program for Long-term Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Survivors
|Research Study Number||2605.00|
|Principal Investigator||Karen Syrjala, PhD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Received a transplant at a consortium center for a hematologic malignancy or myelodysplasia
- Currently 2-10 years after first HCT
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- English insufficient to complete baseline patient-reported outcomes (PRO) assessments
- Has received treatment for a recurrent or 2nd cancer that required > surgical excision in the past 2 years or did not have a hematologic malignancy or myelodysplasia diagnosis or did not receive a first transplant between 2-10 years before approach for the study; (these participants will be ineligible for randomization, but will have intervention site access if they complete baseline PRO assessment)
- Scores 20 or above on the patient health questionnaire (PHQ)-8 depression measure (indicating severe depression); these participants will be contacted by a study psychologist to evaluate and provide resources to address their needs (2% of enrollees in our previous study); they will be ineligible for randomization, but will have intervention site access if they complete baseline PRO assessment
- Residing in an institution or other living situation where health care decisions are not made by the participant (e.g., hospitalized, prisoners, living in a rehabilitation facility)
- Does not complete baseline PRO assessment items required to determine stratification or whether the survivor meets inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Has medical or health issues prohibiting computer use (e.g., vision-impaired, cognitively impaired, illness or accident impairing computer function)
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Hematologic Malignancies; Lymphoma; Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS); Neoplasms; Preleukemia; Bone Marrow Diseases
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.