Return to search results.
Complete title: Quantitative Dynamic PET and MRI and Breast Cancer Therapy
|Research Study Number||7587|
|Principal Investigator||Jennifer Specht, MD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Pathologically confirmed breast cancer, determined to be a candidate for primary systemic (neoadjuvant) therapy and for surgical resection of residual primary tumor following completion of neoadjuvant therapy
- Primary tumor 2.0 cm or greater, and/or clinical evidence of axillary disease (palpable N1 or N2 or biopsy proven)
- No obvious contraindications for primary chemotherapy
- Able to lie still for PET and MRI scanning
- Able to understand and willing to sign a written informed consent document and a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) authorization in accordance with institutional guidelines
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Contraindication to MRI or history of adverse reaction to gadolinium
- Evidence of distant disease outside of regional lymph nodes
- Poorly controlled diabetes mellitus (fasting blood glucose > 200)
- Prior systemic cancer therapy
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Breast Cancer; Solid Tumors
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.