Return to search results.
Complete title: Feasibility and Outcomes of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) Compared to Conventional Therapy for Older and Medically Infirm Patients Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia or High-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes: A Prospective Observational Study
|Research Study Number||2368.00|
|Principal Investigator||Mohamed Sorror, MD, MSc|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
Sampling Method: Non-Probability Sample
The study population will include non-M3 AML and high-risk MDS patients considered for induction chemotherapy at FHCRC and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Network and five other Core institutions (Stanford School of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Northwestern University, Massachusetts General Hospital, and University of Utah) in addition to an unidentified number of affiliate sites. We anticipate enrollment of a total sample of 1000 patients.
- Patients with new diagnoses of non-M3 AML or high-risk MDS who present for AML-like treatment that could plausibly produce a complete remission (CR); for example intensive induction chemotherapy, low dose single agent chemotherapy, hypo-methylation agent, or a similar therapy
- Explicitly intend to establish follow-up care at one of the collaborating institutions.
- Patients of =18 years of age and are being treated by the adult AML service.
- Able to read and speak English.
- Willing and able to provide informed consent.
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Patients older than 80 years
- Patients with <6 months projected survival due to active second malignancy or other medical problem
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML); Hematologic Malignancies; Leukemia; Myelodysplastic and Myeloproliferative Syndromes (MDS and MPD)
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.