Return to search results.
Complete title: Molecular Correlates of Sensitivity and Resistance to Therapy in Genitourinary Malignancy
|Research Study Number||6932|
|Principal Investigator||Robert Montgomery, MD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Male
Patients with prostate or bladder/urothelial cancer treated in genitourinary oncology practices at University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle Cancer care Alliance and Harborview Medical Center and healthy controls
- Patients with localized and/or metastatic bladder/urothelial or prostate cancer who have disease in the primary organ, biopsy accessible bone metastases (collaborating radiologists will determine if bone metastasis is appropriate for biopsy) or soft tissue metastases are eligible; men and women without cancer are eligible to have blood or normal tissue collected if acquired as part of non-research procedures (e.g. transurethral resection of the prostate or bladder); in patients without malignancy, no additional tissue beyond that necessary for care will be procured
- Ability to adequately understand and give informed consent
- Local or metastatic disease to soft tissue or bone at sites accessible to biopsy with minimal risk of complications Or the ability to obtain tissue with minimal risk of complication from a surgical procedure being conducted as a part of another research study Or for standard of care purposes or patients who have archival tissue collected for research or standard of care who are willing to donate archival tissue for this study
- Alternatively, men and women without cancer or who are at risk of developing cancer are eligible to have blood or normal tissue collected if acquired; tissue will only be acquired as part of non-research procedures (e.g. transurethral resection of the prostate or bladder; in patients without malignancy, no additional tissue beyond that necessary for care will be procured
- Platelet count > 50,000
- White blood cell (WBC) > 1,500
- Hemoglobin (Hgb) > 8.0
- International normalized ratio (INR) < 1.5
- Partial thromboplastin time (PTT) < 45
- No history of excessive unexplained bleeding from previous surgery
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Patients unable to stop chronic anticoagulation with warfarin or Lovenox for less than 3 days
- Serious or uncontrolled infection
- Treatment with a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor (such as Avastin) within the past 28 days
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Bladder Cancer; Genitourinary Cancer; Hematologic Malignancies; Kidney Cancer; Prostate Cancer; Renal Cancer; Solid Tumors; Urethral Cancer; Urogenital Neoplasms; Neoplasms, Glandular and Epithelial; Genital Neoplasms, Male; Bone Marrow Diseases
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.