Return to search results.
Complete title: Pulmonary Functional Imaging for Radiation Treatment Planning for Lung Cancer
|Research Study Number||8180|
|Principal Investigator||Jing Zeng|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Lung cancer patients receiving radiation treatment to the thorax to at least 45 Gy; both non-small cell and small cell patients are eligible; patient must have pathologic confirmation of diagnosis, or have an enlarging lung mass on at least two scans spaced 3 months apart, and FDG avidity on PET scan
- All stages of lung cancer are eligible, but patients must be planned for at least 45 Gy of radiation
- Patients are not required to have measurable disease; post-operative patients (patients who have had surgical resection of lung cancer) are eligible
- Patients must have pulmonary function as defined below:
- * Abnormal pulmonary function test within 3 months of study entry
- * Prior radiation to the lungs
- * Prior surgical resection of lung tissue (i.e. wedge resection, lobectomy, or pneumonectomy)
- * Clinical diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or emphysema
- * Ongoing oxygen use
- There are no limits on prior therapy; patients are allowed to have prior chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery; patients are allowed to have concurrent chemotherapy with radiation treatment; patients are allowed to have chemotherapy after radiation treatment; patients are not allowed to have planned lung resection after radiation
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document
- Patients will typically be enrolled on this trial prior to beginning the radiation treatment course; however, if a patient has had a SPECT/CT 99mTc-MAA and 99mTc-DTPA scan as part of routine medical care within 6 weeks prior to initiation of radiation treatment, he/she is eligible for trial enrollment up to the last day of the radiation treatment course
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Patients receiving < 45 Gy radiation
- Patients who received radiation to the chest within the past 6 months
- Patients unable to tolerate a SPECT/CT 99mTc-MAA and 99mTc-DTPA scan
- Patients who are not planning to adhere to the required follow up schedule as outlined in this protocol
- Pregnant women
- Women of childbearing potential and men who are sexually active and not willing/able to use medically acceptable forms of contraception
- Patients unable to provide informed consent
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Lung Cancer; Solid Tumors
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.