Photo courtesy of Carol Roll
If you've ever dreamed of scaling one of the Northwest's lovely snow-capped mountains—or something more exotic, such as Mount Kilimanjaro—here's your chance.
In celebration of its 15th anniversary in 2012, and in 2013, the Climb to Fight Breast Cancer is offering an expanded selection of peaks to appeal to adventurers of all ability levels.
Since it was established, the Climb has raised nearly $6 million for Center research. Depending on which peak they are climbing, participants commit to a raising a minimum of $3,000 to $12,500. All Climb to Fight Breast Cancer expeditions are professionally guided.
The Climb to Fight Breast Cancer peaks for 2012 and 2013 are:
- Mount Rainier (14,411 feet)
- Mount Baker (10,781)
- Mount Adams (12,276)
- Mount Olympus (7,980)
- Mount Hood (11,237)
- Mount Shasta, California (14,179)
- Denali, Alaska (20,320)
- Mount Elbrus, Russia (18,510)
- Volcanoes of Mexico - Pico de Orizaba (18,850) and Ixtacc°huatl (17,343)
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (19,340)