Ph.D., University of Washington, Environmental Health, 2006.
M.Sc., University of British Columbia, Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 2000.
B.Sc., University of British Columbia, Cell Biology and Genetics, 1998.
Dr. Bhatti is an epidemiologist that studies occupational and environmental risk factors for cancer. He is particularly interested in using biomarkers to better understand pathways underlying the negative health impacts of occupational and environmental exposures. Exposures of interest include nightshift work, ionizing radiation, air pollution and persistent organic pollutants.
1. Bhatti P, Mirick DK, Randolph TW, Gong J, Buchanan DT, Zhang JJ, Davis S. Oxidative DNA damage during sleep periods among nightshift workers. Occup Environ Med. 2016 Aug;73(8):537-44. PubMed PMID: 27307003.
2. Bhatti P, Zhang Y, Song X, Makar KW, Sather CL, Kelsey KT, Houseman EA, Wang P. Nightshift work and genome-wide DNA methylation. Chronobiol Int. 2015 Feb;32(1):103-12. PubMed PMID: 25187986.
3. Bhatti P, Mirick DK, Davis S. The impact of chronotype on melatonin levels among shift workers. Occup Environ Med. 2014 Mar;71(3):195-200. PubMed PMID: 24399070; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4431632.
4. Bhatti P, Mirick DK, Davis S. Racial differences in the association between night shift work and melatonin levels among women. Am J Epidemiol. 2013 Mar 1;177(5):388-93. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3626046.
5. Bhatti P, Cushing-Haugen KL, Wicklund KG, Doherty JA, Rossing MA. Nightshift work and risk of ovarian cancer. Occup Environ Med. 2013 Apr;70(4):231-7. PubMed PMID: 23343856; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3777774.
6. Bhatti P, Doody MM, Rajaraman P, Alexander BH, Yeager M, Hutchinson A, Burdette L, Thomas G, Hunter DJ, Simon SL, Weinstock RM, Rosenstein M, Stovall M, Preston DL, Linet MS, Hoover RN, Chanock SJ, Sigurdson AJ. Novel breast cancer risk alleles and interaction with ionizing radiation among U.S. radiologic technologists. Radiat Res. 2010 Feb;173(2):214-24. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2922870.
7. Bhatti P, Doody MM, Alexander BH, Yuenger J, Simon SL, Weinstock RM, Rosenstein M, Stovall M, Abend M, Preston DL, Pharoah P, Struewing JP, Sigurdson AJ. Breast cancer risk polymorphisms and interaction with ionizing radiation among U.S. radiologic technologists. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008 Aug;17(8):2007-11. PubMed PMID: 18708391; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2583248.