Science Education Partnership
We invite middle and high school science teachers from public schools, private schools, or home schools in Washington State to apply.
Applications are read by SEP mentor scientists. Each mentor selects one applicant as a partner for participation in the SEP program. Twenty-five teachers are selected each year to join the SEP community.
Applications for the 2014 cohort are now closed.
For more information, please read the SEP 2014 brochure.
Please click here to apply.
Applicants will be notified if they have been selected by April 15.
Scheduled days for the 2014-15 SEP program include:
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Summer Session: Weekdays, July 14 - July 30, 2014
- Kit Signup Day: Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Reflection Day: Saturday, May 2, 2015
During the program, participants:
- Keep laboratory notebook
- Prepare a curriculum project
- Participate in program evaluation.
Participants are responsible for lodging, food, and transportation expenses. If this poses an impediment to participating, please explain and send in this additional form with your application.
Your district must commit one day of release time, or equivalent, as evidence of support for your application.
You must commit to attending ALL scheduled days in order to participate. Application Addendum
Click here to download a PDF of program requirements.
- Participants receive a $500 stipend for their training.
- Upon completion of all program requirements, participants may earn five hours of graduate level credit (at low cost) through the University of Washington Department of Genome Sciences or 50 clock hours through WSTA.
- Ongoing access to SEP Kits, resources, technical support, and surplus lab supplies.