Science Education Partnership
We invite middle and high school science teachers from public schools, private schools, or home schools in Washington State to apply.
Applications are read by SEP mentor scientists. Each mentor selects one applicant as a partner for participation in the SEP program. Twenty-five teachers are selected each year to join the SEP community.
Applications are now being accepted for 2017-2018
*Deadline extended to March 30th, 2017*
Notification of Acceptance: April 15, 2017
Scheduled days for the 2017-18 SEP program include:
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Summer Session: Weekdays, July 10-26, 2017
- Kit Signup Day: Saturday, September 16, 2017
- Reflection Day: Saturday, May 5, 2018
During the program, participants are required to:
- Keep laboratory notebook
- Prepare a curriculum project
- Participate in program evaluation
- Commit to attending ALL scheduled days in order to participate.
- Your district must commit one day of release time, or equivalent, as evidence of support for your application.
Participants are responsible for lodging, food, and transportation expenses. If this poses an impediment to participating, please explain and email to firstname.lastname@example.org in this optional Application Addendum form.
- Participants receive a $500 stipend for their training.
- Upon completion of all program requirements, participants may earn five hours of graduate level credit (at low cost) through the University of Washington Department of Genome Sciences or 50 clock hours through WSTA.
- Ongoing access to SEP Kits, resources, technical support, and surplus lab supplies.
Download the 2017-2018 SEP Teacher Brochure (15.6 MB)