Science Education Partnership
We invite middle and high school science teachers from public schools, private schools, or home schools in Washington State to apply.
Applications are read by SEP mentor scientists. Each mentor selects one applicant as a partner for participation in the SEP program. Twenty-five teachers are selected each year to join the SEP community.
Applications for the 2016 cohort are open on Janurary 1st.
For more information, please read the SEP 2015 brochure.
Applications for the 2015 cohort are now closed.
Applicants will be notified if they have been selected by April 15.
Scheduled days for the 2015-16 SEP program include:
- Opening Day: Saturday, May 16, 2015
- Summer Session: Weekdays, July 13 - July 29, 2015
- Kit Signup Day: Saturday, September 19, 2015
- Reflection Day: Saturday, May 7, 2016
During the program, participants:
- Keep laboratory notebook
- Prepare a curriculum project
- Participate in program evaluation.
- Your district must commit one day of release time, or equivalent, as evidence of support for your application.
- You must commit to attending ALL scheduled days in order to participate.
Click here to download a PDF of program requirements.
Participants are responsible for lodging, food, and transportation expenses. If this poses an impediment to participating, please explain and email to email@example.com in this optional Application Addendum form.
- Participants receive a $500 stipend for their training.
- Upon completion of all program requirements, participants may earn five hours of graduate level credit (at low cost) through the University of Washington Department of Genome Sciences or 50 clock hours through WSTA.
- Ongoing access to SEP Kits, resources, technical support, and surplus lab supplies.