I am interested in the program and want to apply. When are you accepting applications?
- We update the website, post flyers, and send announcements across institutions several weeks prior to the deadline. This usually takes place annually in late summer.
Do I need to submit an application to both funding sources for consideration? Do I need to identify one funding source?
- No, only one application is required for consideration for both funding sources. Program leadership will evaluate positions available and applicant eligibility when reviewing applications.
I am a foreign national with a student visa. What funding source would I be eligible to receive?
- The Fred Hutch-funded positions in the program do not have citizenship requirements; however, applicants must be based at Fred Hutch.
What is the time commitment of the program?
- Trainees must dedicate at least 40 hours per week (full-time effort) to the training program.
- Trainees are generally appointed to the program for at least 12-months, with opportunities to re-apply for further funding.
I am looking for support for a few months in between fellowships. Can I apply?
- The program does not support short-term training.
I am not able to start an appointment on December 1. Can I still apply?
- Please consult with the program's administrator regarding your specific situation before applying.
Can I receive a fellowship while supported by the program?
- Generally, no. Please consult with the program's administrator regarding your specific situation.
With whom should I consult regarding stipend tax applicability and obligations?
- Please contact your local IRS office.
Does my application packet need to be routed internally at my institution? Does it require any kind of institutional signoff?
- No. The application is for participation in the program, and funding is not awarded directly to applicants (i.e. you will not be PI on the award).