FHCRC Viral Pathogenesis Training Grant Application Form
We are now accepting applications! Please submit yours by April 20, 2017.
For your application:
1. Complete the online Applicant Form below and submit.
2. Send the following documents in PDF format to Training Grant Administrator, Shama Samant.
- CV, Resume, or Biosketch providing details of your academic traing to-date and any relevant research and work experience. If you are a current graduate student, include your current academic standing (number of credits taken to date and GPA).
- Research Proposal. The proposal must be applicable to viral pathogenesis and you must explain the relevance in the proposal. Please include an explanation of how your research reflects the training grant's goals. This may be included in the Abstract, Background and Significance, or a paragraph at the end of the proposal. The scope of the submitted proposal should include a two-year research plan unless the applicant specifically requests only one year of funding. Proposal guidelines: The proposal should be no more than 2 pages (single spaced, Arial font, 11 pt., including figures). References may be on additional pages. Follow the general NIH format to include Specific Aims, Significance, Innnovation, and Approach.
- Letters of Recommendation. Request letters from 2 individuals who are not your mentor.
- Mentor Summary Form. This form should be filled out by your mentor. In past years we have asked for more traditional letters. However, all the mentor letters said their student was one of the best they have ever seen and they should be funded, which was not helpful to the review committee. It is our hope, the mentor summary form will be a more informative evaluation of each trainee. Since the success and future funding of the training grant depends on the quality of the students it supports, the review committee would appreciate an honest and realistic summary of the student.
Thank you for your application.