As one of the U.S.’ oldest NCI-designated cancer centers, Fred Hutch has for decades pioneered new lifesaving treatments, preventions and cures for cancer and related diseases. Our faculty come from a variety of research backgrounds and interests, all brought together with a common mission to eliminate cancer, HIV/AIDS and other diseases.
A postdoctoral fellowship with the Hutch offers the opportunity to work on the cutting edge of biomedical research in a supportive, collaborative environment with faculty and staff who are dedicated to helping their trainees achieve their career goals.
Scientific excellence, collaboration, openness and innovation – Fred Hutch revolutionizes science and saves lives through our cutting-edge, innovative research. For Postdoctoral Research Fellows, Fred Hutch is committed to providing educational opportunities at all levels.
Our researchers are committed to mentoring the next generation of scientists who share our passion for science. We offer a number of professional development programs, symposiums, seminar series and social events, including:
- A variety of career development programs and mentoring to help postdocs identify and achieve their career goals, including The Exploration Program from Industry Careers (EPIC), Ivory Quest and First Friday Series.
- The Office of Scientific Career Development is a unique resource, focused on all aspects of professional development and advising for scientific trainees at the Hutch.
- The Student/Postdoc Advisory Committee (SPAC) represents the interests of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and medical fellows at Fred Hutch to obtain the best education possible for future careers.
- Hutch United (HU) promotes the success of underrepresented and self-identified minority scientists by fostering a diverse community at Fred Hutch.
- Fellowship and training grant opportunities.
- Programs that provide hands-on mentored experience in writing, editing and teaching.
- Symposiums and seminar series throughout the year on a variety of research topics.
- Organized social events
Fred Hutch houses state-of-the-art, modern facilities on a sustainable 15-acre campus. Our Shared Resources have become a nationally recognized model of excellence. With 14 core facilities to support existing and emerging research needs with centralized services, expertise and technology, this resource is one of the nation’s largest and serves Fred Hutch, University of Washington and other researchers.
Located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood, Fred Hutch is surrounded by a large local biotech community, including several Hutch spin-off companies. This neighborhood is Seattle’s hub for global health and life sciences research organizations, and many postdocs who come to the Hutch find their next career steps at neighboring institutes or companies.
More about Seattle >
Sign up to learn more about postdoctoral opportunities at the Hutch.