At Fred Hutch, we believe quality of life is essential to building a rewarding career. It starts with a supportive and collaborative workplace culture in which all of our employees — from researchers and administrators to electricians and programmers — are important to our mission of advancing breakthroughs and saving lives.
It means going to work at a beautiful 15-acre lakeshore campus with state-of-the-art facilities, light-filled workspaces, tranquil courtyards and mountain views. It includes generous benefits that help you stay healthy and maintain a satisfying work-life balance.
- Excellent medical and vision plans (Premera Blue Cross and Group Health Alliant Plus) and dental plans (Delta Dental of Washington) to choose from
- Subsidized health insurance for family members and domestic partners
- On-site day care through Hutch Kids
- Employer-paid employee basic life, accidental death and dismemberment, and disability insurance; additional employee and dependent insurance options available
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution of 7 percent of salary, up to the Social Security wage base and 12 percent of salary thereafter (up to IRS compensation limits); additional optional personal contributions available
- Vacation days* accruing at a rate of 12 days per year in the first year of employment and one additional day per year thereafter, up to a maximum accrual of 22 days per year; scientific staff** receive 22 vacation days per year
- Twelve paid holidays annually
- Sick leave* of up to 96 hours during the first calendar year of employment, 144 hours in the second and third years, and 200 hours per year thereafter; scientific staff** are eligible for up to 30 days of paid sick leave per occurrence
- Flexible schedules available in many positions
- Sabbatical opportunities after 10 years of service
- Employee assistance program
- In-house immigration team in support of employment-based visas
- Tobacco-free facilities
- Merchant discounts on cellphone plans, restaurants, shopping, health clubs, software, entertainment and more
*Vacation accrual and sick hours are prorated for part-time employees.
**Scientific staff includes staff scientists, staff physicians, post-doctoral research fellows, research associates, and senior fellows. Benefits for stipend-paid scientific staff are different; please ask your recruiter for more information.
Employee education courses in:
- Public speaking
- Stress management
- Navigating American culture
- Software tools
- Dozens of other topics